You must be aware of the fact that Mr. Narendra Modi is pushing the country towards digitalization and he is trying his best to provide all services to the citizens of India through a digital medium. A lot has been done in the field and a lot is yet to be accomplished. But do you know that the government has an application called UMANG which is basically to support e-governance? UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New Age Generation and the application is basically developed by the collaborative efforts of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and National e-Governance Division.
In this article, we have listed some of the features along of the application along with the short review so that you can understand the usability of the application in a better way.
Features of UMANG
• The application basically integrates all the services offered by different departments and these services are collaborated under one application now.
• The application provides all the UIDAI related services. In addition to this, the application also has a digital locker to safeguard all your documents and it also supports PayGov.
• Thea application is dependent on Aadhar based authentication so there are no fake profiles on the applications which is surely required for good governance.
• The application has integration for CBSE and NCERT which basically provides students with exam related information and study material. Similarly, the application also has integration with AICTE to help the college students.
• The application also has a Soil Health Card to help the farmers with the information fertilizers required for different crops.
• Apart from this, the application is also linked to programs like Skill India, and PMAY. So basically the citizen of India can apply for PMAY or PMKVY with their mobile.
• The application also makes it possible to buy crop insurance which is surely a great deal for farmers to save themselves from any damage to the crop.
• Another feature of the application is that you can book an appointment for the hospital with help of this application and you can also check the medical reports with this app itself.
In terms of a general review, the application has been rated by about 8 thousand people and it has a rating of 4.5 stars. Almost about 7 thousand users have given a 4 star and a 5-star review to the application. This surely explains the high usability factor of the application as the application saves a lot of time. Apart from this, it should be noted that the last version of the application was released on 7 November 2017 and the iteration was released to make the User Interface better. Apart from that, there are significant changes in the performance of the application as well.
Talking about the installation, the application has been installed by 5 Lakh to 10 Lakh users and the only system requirement of the application is that the application requires a smartphone running on Android 4.4 and above. Now it is your chance to do your part so go ahead and install the application so that you can also be a part of this digital revolution. Below is the download link for the application
DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID
DOWNLOAD FOR IPHONE